1 cup Flour
½ cup White granulated sugar
½ cup Brown sugar
1 tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. Live sea salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Flax seed
½ cup Olive oil
2 cups Carrots, grated*
¾ cups Raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare muffin tin by greasing with oil or inserting paper or foil cups.
3. In medium bowl combine flour, flax seed, sugars, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs.
5. Slowly beat in oil to eggs.
6. Add flour mixture gradually, beating until mixture is smooth.
7. Mix in carrots and raisins.
8. Spoon mixture ¾ into lined muffin tins.
9. Bake for 15 minutes.
10. Cool completely on racks.
11. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
*Note: Wash carrots thoroughly. It is not necessary to peel as the nutrients are in the skin.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 Tbsp. Butter, room temperature
2 oz. Cream cheese
1/4 tsp. Milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp. Lemon zest
1. Cream butter with cream cheese.
2. Add milk and sugar alternately, beating
This recipe courtesy of Lori Wong and Les Dames d’Escoffier
1 - 16 ounce bag baby carrots
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons vegan margarine
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon rosemary
This is an excellent crockpot side, so here are slowcooker and stove top directions.
Stove top Directions:
1) Simmer carrots in 1 inch of water for about 15 minutes, then drain.
2) Add the rest of ingredients to carrots and stir gently until sugar has dissolved and carrots are glazed, about 5 minutes.
1) Add carrots to slowcooker, cover with water and cook all day until tender.
2) Once carrots are tender, add all other ingredients and allow to cook for one hour.
If you make this recipe, then refrigerate overnight, it will taste even better! This recipe is for a small amount. For a large gathering, I use four bags of the baby carrots and multiply all the ingredients by four.
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Cracked black pepper
1 pound beets, peeled and shredded, about 3 medium beets
1/2 pound carrots, peeled and shredded, about 3 carrots
3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
In a small non-reactive bowl whisk together Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, celery seed, sugar, salt and olive oil. Season with pepper. Place beets, carrots and parsley in large serving bowl, pour dressing over salad, toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.